This presentation is our template that we use for “Gathering Business Requirements” workshop as part of the Data Management & Warehousing Data Warehouse Documentation Roadmap process
The agenda of a workshop is normally:
Overview of the process
- Why gather requirements like this?
- Types of requirement
- Understanding what we can do
- Business processes create data
- Understanding dimensions and measures
- How these requirements are used
- Things to remember
- A “straw-man proposal” is a simple proposal intended to generate discussion of its disadvantages and to provoke the generation of new and better proposals.
- Do we need more time to add more requirements?
- How will we review the requirements?
- Who will help flesh out the technical requirements?
- Who will sign off the requirements?
- Any other questions?
Download Gathering Business Requirements for Data Warehouses now